View Single Post

Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 AM
Platinum Member

3/4 inch build update

I have completed the preparation and assembly of the 12 pipes that will be used in this build, and will drop in an image of the pipes below. I included an explanation at the bottom of the photo that gives the pipe length dimensions and details how these pipes will be placed upon the two wheels. I have also started working on the support apparatus, the base of which is made from a 4 inch x 10 inch piece of 3/4 inch thick birch plywood that I had left over from another project. The two upright arms extending from the base, which will support the 3/8 inch shaft and bearings, are made from 14 inch long pieces of 1/8 inch thick x 3/4 inch wide aluminum 90 degree angle stock. A shorter 1/8 inch thick x 1/2 inch wide piece of flat aluminum stock will project upward at an angle, from the base to the upright shaft supports to lock the uprights in place. I'll be showing that assembly soon. Here's the photo showing the completed pipes.

"Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Last edited by rickoff; 05-31-2018 at 03:03 AM.