View Single Post

Old 04-08-2018, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dR-Green View Post
The bulb is lit at 14:45

Tesla's Longitudinal Electricity - A Lab Demonstration - YouTube

That's the same experiment as Meyl's, except Eric is using a spark gap and incandescent bulbs on his receiver, and Meyl is using a signal generator and LED. So he equals Meyl's demonstration as far as the basic circuit is concerned, except Eric is actually using a loading coil on the ground end of the flat spiral coils to ensure the correct mode of resonance and current and potential distribution so he's not being deluded by harmonic resonant frequencies, then he goes on to show more single wire stuff that Meyl does not, and never has done, or has ever talked about.

Eric then actually connects his transmitter to the earth, and receives the signal on the beach. So Meyl in no way shows what Eric doesn't. Meyl just shows power transfer through a wire to light an LED which is easy, which Eric also shows, and then a lot more. He's not attempting to show how much power can be received, only that it works. ... And he probably knows that he'd need more than a small sheet of metal resting in the sea water to receive a significant amount of power.
ok but there is a subtle but critical point being overlooked here. That experiment is flawed because its in the nearfield. In order to claim its been transmitted via scalar, (tesla style) it has to be done as a farfield measurement. Granted you will say hey wait a minute, I seen meyls demonstration and that was not far field. That was my first response as well. However meyl said in the university experiments it was done far field and worked. The reason farfield is so important is to insure your readings are not the result of transformer induction. All these kids on youtube that are fascinated with lighting light bulbs are summarily dismissed out of hand by academics because they do not understand how to properly measure 'stuff'. These are things any old ham operating that built his own antennas takes for granted, but some what a lost art and skill today. So all he proved is that a near field transmitter can light a bulb, and frankly I can (and did) do that with any hertz resonating rod as well when they are sitting side by side. See the problem? Now had he lit a light bulb at the lake under that bluff, several hundred feet away, I'd have raised my eyebrows and said 'cool', likewise with the peking radio experiment. I believe that was the station he tuned to?

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...LA_COIL_SYSTEM

The above should be clarify why one would need to qualify a TMT using strictly far field measurements. Take note that Adam (the guy who bought meyls coil) also made a point to mention far field.

Last edited by Kokomoj0; 04-08-2018 at 04:07 AM.