View Single Post

Old 12-20-2017, 02:31 AM
Platinum Member

Next test 45 watt consumption

12.08v drop to 11.94 = a 14 point drop in 90minutes.

This required a 6amp booster with fan added if 10 amps is
needed to run at 8.75amps off the charge battery over to the run
battery bank. Efficiency probably 80%.

Second booster well with in the C/20 rate at 3.25amps and this
kept the inverter hot leg fed at 14.5v, while the run packs got the
875ma at 12v transforming into 26.5v of course at a lower amperage.

As was reported for these batteries 10% of battery life = 42watt hours

So a 14 point drop = 14% battery life or 59 wh straight off the batteries
to inverter and I ended up with the same figure. or 45w times 1.5hrs
and this is a small amount more or within the margin of error is equal.

Which seems impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
Any Brushed DC permanent magnet motor will work, HOWEVER, as some folks have seen, you can burn out a 12 volt DC motor if you are not careful, because some of the time you are running it off 24 volts or higher. I have been using a 110 volt DC motor and it has taken everything I have thrown at it, so I would recommend a higher voltage DC motor if you can find one. The higher the better.

Just to see if we're telling the truth and see it work? ANY PM DC motor. To build something that will eventually produce some power for you? The bigger (higher voltage) the better.

Dave
Quote:
All,

I'll look at adding the diodes Ufopolitics suggested to the circuit already containing the diodes Matt suggested.

But I KNOW what Matt suggested made a change in the voltages on batteries one and two.

So, if Matt's change gets it to charge and Ufopolitics gets the radiant out of the motor so it doesn't heat up, without messing up the current flow that is causing the charging.........????

Dave

Quote:
I don't have access to my computer ..........

Matt talked about using diodes, and I just wanted to see what would happen.

I would love to hear what Matt has to say. He may say I have the diodes in the wrong place,
Dave

Quote:
Matt and Carroll,
I know I am not the sharpest guy when it comes to electronics

Dave
Quote:

I'm sure you can expect something from Matt the first chance he gets.

We shouldn't be waiting around for Matt, we should be trying things
Dave
Quote:
All,
I haven't gotten Matt's new schematic built yet,

Develop what Matt has given us which we KNOW works,

especially Matt for sharing what he came up with.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Doesn't seem to be any difference between that patent and todays Aluminum Electrolyte capacitor.

I would first suggest learning how to properly destroy the battery you have availible.

The battery I am running the system off of is a 1100 CCA battery for a catepiller tractor. It was used for 8 years and died one winter after no activity for about 6 months.
The PH is Normal the Hydrometer does not give a reading, the battery holds about 3.5 volt standing and droips to nothing with 1 ohm resistor for a load.

The primary batts are 1500 cca Interstates tractor batteries
I'll also tell ya I am using a Razor Scooter Motor for both the motor and generator (Coming soon).
This is the 1 ohm 100 watt resistor but ceramic, but this is the equavalent
I have 1/0 wire with copper connectors to everything and real short leads to the motor/generator, and all copper connectors.

The motor free wheeling runs at 1.1 amp.

Matt
Quote:
FRC,
I haven't tried it yet, but Matt certainly has, and I talked to him on the phone

Dave
Quote:
clueless,
I would give Matt's circuit a try. If you can't figure it out, we'll help you. If you get the spec sheet on the MJL21194 it shows the base, collector and emitter.
The base goes to the 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. The emitter goes to the 1 ohm 100 watt resistor, and the collector goes to the plus on batt 3 and then over to the other end of the 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. On the Transistor the three prongs are B C E. Hope that helps, and that I haven't screwed those directions up.

Dave
Quote:
Matt has had his setup running for FIVE days without losses

Matt is going to make a couple more modifications and then film it for us.

Matt is using or possibly Mosfetts if we want to put big loads on the motor or battery three
Quote:
Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe Matt has an idea.

...in Matt's original schematic he connects the two bad batteries between equal potentials (12 volts on each side) and with five batteries you have more on one side than the other.
Dave
Quote:

Matt, I can't tell you how MUCH I appreciate the time you have put into this.
By the way, according to my calculations, 10 watts on a 12 volt system requires 1 amp per hour. If you ran 10 watts for 12 hours, that's 12 amp hours of usage. Is that correct? PLUS you ran the motor the whole time, you produced power to charge the small battery, and where did the primaries end up? And how many amp hours are they?

Dave
Quote:
You ROCK Mr. Jones!

Can't wait to do a run tomorrow. I have it all set up and ready to go. Just have to throw the switch and cross my fingers. All three of my dead batteries are resting at less than one volt.

I'll take down my video camera and set it up on the tripod and let it run until the tape runs out.

Dave
Quote:
Heck for that matter a switch alone might work. You might not need any motor at all just pulse. Try a small system with a transistor driven off of the stamp chip.

Matt

Quote:
All,

When Matt posts his video you are all going to want to replicate, and you WILL NOT get the results from 18 amp hour or less batteries.

I know from experience.

deep cycle marine batteries for $99.00 I am investing in a bunch of those

Dave
Quote:
I have got all my batteries tied up at the moment. 42 of them all running something.
I gotta let this other thing run its coarse I just can't stop it right now, on top of all the other stuff I got going.

I promise I'll take a film soon.

I am going to set it up on an IC and with a Fet. I just gotta get the other stuff out of the way first.

Cheers
Matt
Quote:
Hey Matt,
I've been on pins and needles waiting for you to post the video of your shorting experiment with the big resistor.

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2017 at 03:30 AM.