View Single Post

Old 06-26-2017, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwane View Post
Hi UFO,
Please excuse my comments on your accent, I have a slight hearing impediment and miss bits of speech. The video is excellent!
Hello Dwane,

Please don't worry about my accent...I know it is terrible!, and believe me...I can make it even worst...so that was kind of "refined"...

Quote:
I picked up this Baldor armature for another project - now shelved - a couple of years ago. I have no stator for it. It was rescued from a burnt out motor. It has 28 windings and 56 commutator sections, so I am pleased to see the wiring for this configuration has been demonstrated. It is a heavy cow! It might originally been 3HP.at 90 volts or180 volts. I got it from my local motor winders who were given it as a repair job that did not proceed.
The thing is...could you get another identical commutator from Baldor?

I believe if you had the model number or serial number of motor it would make the part (comm) search much easier.

Quote:
What has really taken my fancy is your fibre glass stator. Do you think that I would be able to run this armature as you have shown in your videos with a fibre glass stator. I am hoping to utilise it similarly to your combination drive generator page 96.
I honestly have NOT tested that fiberglass Stator (Air Core) on a Mechanically LOADED Motor...and since it does not have a steel core...IMHO I believe it would not be as strong as with a laminated steel core related to Torque spec's.

Quote:
Also, when rewinding this as asymetric, would I use the same guage of wire that is already on the armature?

Many thanks

Dwane
The wire gauge would be dictated by your Source (Power Supply) plus the Application where you would be using it for.

A heavy gauge wire (lesser turns per Coil) would have low resistance, therefore, amps would be higher, with lower voltage application, (like Automotive Motors) torque would be higher, since magnetic field would be very strong.

A fine wire (many turns per coil) would require higher voltage with lesser amps to build the required field to perform properly with such heavy armature.

Regards

Ufopolitics
Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci