View Single Post

Old 12-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBob84 View Post
So I connected everything up for testing and have run a few tests on the coil with my frequency generator. My initial tests were not what i was hoping to see as the secondary was resonating closer to 600khz rather than the 800khz I am shooting for. So I went back to my books to look over my initial calculations for the coil to see if i was mistaken, and I have found that somehow I messed up on my calculation for coil diameter. It was calculated originally to be 18 turns at 4'10" to be 247' winding. But when you do the math on that 4.84*3.14=15.2*18=273.6. So this means that I am going to have to reduce the diameter of my coil to 4' 4 1/2" to bring my coil to the desired 247'. 4.375*3.14=13.74*18=247.32. Time to start unwrapping and rebuilding.
Don't you just love those stupid rookie mistakes I really annoyed myself last week when I measured 44.1cm for a shelf type arrangement, wrote it down on a piece of paper to avoid errors, then went and cut out a piece of wood, installed it, and found there was a big gap. Measured what I had cut - 41.1cm. But luckily I needed a hole to pass things down from above to below the shelf anyway so the gap got incorporated into the design. Typical case of more haste less speed.

Thanks for the updates, I hope the rest is going well!

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall