View Single Post

Old 08-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Silver Member

I think you are referring to a magnetically quenched spark-gap?
If so, there are two reasons why I did not use it:
- the problem was that I could not get enough resonance in the coils with very short and widely separated pulses. Quenching the spark, breaks the spark into many shorter sparks and may lengthen the overall spark activity a little. That "little" would most likely not suffice.
- my experience with magnetically quenched spark-gaps is not very good. If a high current is interrupted in this manner you will get very high induction effects in your circuit, meaning very high voltage spikes. I have killed many a MOT with this. Now I am using 30 KW transformers that can handle a much higher voltage but will also produce a much higher current. Well, what it comes down to is that I do not want to risk loosing these transformers.

What is there for "the community" to do?
As I have already explained in this thread, it would be wonderful is someone could help me verify the down-scaled version. That may actually result in you having your own power plant.
The other thing people could do is absorb this idea, this view on electricity, and imagine what it would mean and in what ways it would result in different effects than predicted by current electro dynamics theories. That way you could achieve two things:
- prove Tesla's view is the correct view
- you may come up with an invention of your own
(or both)

I am proceeding in two directions:
- verification of the down-scaled version
- upgrading my circuits for CW-operation

On the first I can say that 20W does not seem enough to produce a sufficiently high voltage, so we will try to upgrade it to 180W.
On the second, that we now have a 100 KVA diesel generator. We have the power, but many things need reconfiguring.

Ernst.