View Single Post

Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 PM

Cri

My skype call with Eric Dollard.

I asked about grounding. He basically said that the deeper you can go with the maximum amount of surface area will give best results. Also using a large piece of conductor to join all grounds on the surface directly below the coil will help in tuning. He also spoke of using trees as a source of grounding, by using a rod driven into the base of the tree allowing the root system to conduct the signal deep below. The bigger the tree usually the deeper the root system. Main thing is surface area as close to the water table as possible.FYI His grounding system is 17 acres.

I asked about skin effect. In my case with aluminum which is a ribbon style conductor making it thin, the skin effect is not an issue. The skin effect is more of a factor in large awg solid round wire conductors at high frequency. In which case is best to use brass.

I asked him about insulated wire compared to non-insulated wire. His recommendation is to have all components of the system as well insulated from air and ground as possible. Insulation on the secondary and primary windings will help with the self capacitance.

I asked him about capacitors. More small capacitors are better then one big cap. He suggested tank capacitors close to my capacitance and a smaller adjustable cap for fine tuning. Best if vac caps are used.

Other suggestions given were to not go overboard with the topload like me lol. All that is needed is a smooth conductor which should never exceed the diameter of your second coil.

Im sure im probably forgetting some stuff but I will post it as I remember.

Thanks for your help Aaron and Eric, can't wait to see this years presentation vids.