View Single Post

Old 07-15-2016, 12:26 AM

Looking into what to purchase to wind the secondary with and am really getting confused. I am looking for a 6 AWG size conductor. 1/8th inch copper tubing and 6 AWG welding wire cost about the same. The welding wire is made of many small conductors so should be good for skin effect. I saw some 6 AWG Litz wire on Ebay made of magnet wire but that guy didnt have a long enough length. Might look into a spool of that. A cheap solution is 1/8th inch wide copper tape. Lots of surface area low mass???. And the there is the suggested teflon insulated coax. What would i be looking for in coax that has an outer conductor the right size??? Any suggestions and or pros and cons of each choice would be much appreciated. Today I got an antenna 29 feet into the air and am messing with a standard crystal radio.

oh and I am 15.87 miles away from my thousand watt station with the rift a little closer to me as per attachment on post #38..........and yes have done the PVC pipe trick for trees out here in the desert I will do that for my ground rods when I get them.

Last edited by Jeff Pearson; 07-15-2016 at 12:36 AM. Reason: addition