View Single Post

Old 07-14-2016, 01:18 PM

Waveforms

In looking at the waveforms on the scope. It appears that there is a lot going on that was not discussed or stated in the "transformer". IF you look at the one complete Sine wave and consider it to be 360 degrees and the resting time to be another 180 degrees, we see several interesting things that must be considered. Starting with the load on the output in the Syn. rectifier, and the input going down, you see the voltag leading the current by about 90 degrees both in the input current and the output current normal transformer operation.

It still is a normal waveform as the sine wave continues upward through 270 degrees. Sometime after 270 degrees, the sync. rectifier is turned off for a very short period of time and then turned back on. ALSO the H bridge is off/open circuit for 180 degrees after the end of the 360 degree cycle so the transformers input coil is floating during the Energy generation portion of the final 180 degree free floating cycle. All the energy (magic) generation occurs in the last 90 degrees of the normal 360 degree cycle and the additional 180 degree "Rest" period.

Starting at the 270 degree point in the normal waveform, when the load is removed from the transformer and the voltage from the H bridge is approaching zero volts and open circuit, There is a VERY high voltage (+?) pulse in the Primary of the coil reaching 15-1800 volts that is immediately clamped back down (before punching through the input FET's), by the output circuit and then the extra energy generation begins. I "think" there is a HF burst 20-50 VAC, maybe higher, in the RF range, shown as hash on the input resting voltage and the output integrated current waveform. The current REVERSES (clamped by a diode?)back to the input stage and continues most of the time during the resting 180 degree in a positive direction (additional power) in the output stage. This is where the power is generated in the output and where the negative power is added to the input stage. Correctly tuned, that negative return clamped current in the input stage can force the circuit to appear to be operating at +/- zero power. That burst is probably coming from the input core when it is biased properly by the perm. magnet field.(Hence the "Implosion transformer") Is the sync. detector ALSO rectifying the burst pulses, it would have to be considering the waveform????? Or is that just handled by a normal bridge rectifier in parallel with the Sync. Rect. circuit, who knows. I noticed a large multi-wire cable going from the Sync. Rectifier back to the timing board. There was a lot going on in that circuit that the scope hid due to frequency constraints to the probes I think. The output current (extra power) is the integration of that burst by a large amount during the resting period.. Well that's what came to me while I slept last night. This wanders all over the place I hope it is clear enough.

Ben