View Single Post

Old 07-12-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokane1 View Post
Dear Reiyuki,

Are you the young man that asked Graham all those technical questions at the conference. You are about the only person that would have this much current knowledge of the technical detail of this device.
Yep, guilty. I'm the one you're thinking of that was asking all the detailed replication-specific questions. I have a lot more information than I've posted so far, but like him I also have a day job, and I wanted to start with the material I am 99% confident is valid and accurate.

Quote:
Do you plan to build one of these yourself? I figure it will cost at least $1,500 to do it the way he did IF we can get all the right parts (like the "U" cores). Would you consider collaborating on sourcing some of the parts.
An exact replication, probably not. I intend to follow the same concepts, using variable saturation in dissimilar ferrites with external flux fields. . If you're doing a 100% replication, the most expensive parts will be the actual circuitry (there is a lot of it), while the hardest-to-find parts will be those specific ferrites. ~1-2k sounds about right, along with several months of construction.

Quote:
Do you know of anybody else that took a serious interest in this? I didn't see anyone.
At the conference, the work I do was a close match to what he's been doing. Most of the other tinkerers there were in the motor and HHO fields, which is simply a different line of work.

Graham doesn't know it, but on the internet several of the Russian experiments (TK/Akula/Kapagen stuff) have electronics that are VERY similar to his. They have the same problems keeping MOSFETs from blowing up, and using sharp high voltage gradients for results. The people replicating in that field are in the best position to replicate Graham's stuff.

The control circuitry is IMHO the most novel part of Graham's system. The Push/Pull/Sleep driver on input, and the interrupted synchronous rectification on the output. Genius. Those TK/Kapagen groups may be able to apply these concepts to their circuits to great effect.

Quote:
I suppose every one else is waiting for all the information to show up on the web site that Graham said he would place it on. Do you recall what that web site was? It started with a "p" and ended with .green. I don't think there is anything on it right now, but I can't check it since I failed to write it down.
grahamgunderson.com is the only one I'm aware of, the other one is floating in a notebook out of my reach at the moment. I'll update this post later if I find the site you're talking about.

Quote:
If there are only three of us (at the moment) taking this technology seriously then I doubt that Teslagenicx will invest the money to fabricate PC boards for the ring timer, the H bridge, and the synchronous diode any time soon.
It's all cutting-edge anyway so we don't even know the best circuits to use. Some parts of Graham's system might end up being 1000% overengineered; we might be able to get some of the same effects with a $10 premade H bridge driver and the proper control circuitry.

IMHO, the best thing for people to play with in the short term is with 'interrupted synchronous rectifiers' on the output of various transformers, along with a 'sleepy H bridge' on the input.

Last edited by Reiyuki; 07-12-2016 at 08:29 PM.