View Single Post

Old 06-25-2016, 06:41 AM
Co-Founder & Moderator

charging peak voltage then drop in voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post

That eliminates the 'C" rate, just one less excuse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peukert's_law
It certainly makes it easier if you're using lithium batts. Are you satisfied with the results you posted that you got about 1/2 of the rating? That's not good news for the lithium batts your using but were they not fully charged?

I know for the 3.2v lifepo4 batts, 4 is 12.8 volts and ideally, they get pushed to 14.8 just like gels and AMG's, which is about 1/2 a volt under what flooded cell lead acids need.

Since Bedini's charging technology is not compatible with the normal lithium batts, I don't know - maybe ideally they need to be pushed a little higher than you quoted.

I don't know if the normal lithium batts do this, but lead acid and nicads have the charging curve where it goes up, peaks and then drops and the charge should finish after it drops showing the impedance dropped and the battery is fully charged. Maybe you can see if the charging curve is the same or similar with the non-lifepo4 lithiums. If you have some pc based volt graphing program, you can see it go up and come to a peak and then drop - if it is like so many other batts, that is your signature to end the charge AFTER the voltage drops after it peaks up near where you said it needs to go. This is not a guess of what will happen, but just thinking out loud if it would be the same. If so, then you know when it's reached full capacity for it's own particular condition.