View Single Post

Old 03-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marseye View Post
mbrownn,

From the picture of the JB's "possible" Lockridge you gave, I have some remarks :
- First, we're sure that THIS device... never worked as a Lockridge Device.
Correct, It was an attempted modification that never worked.
Quote:
- Secondly, if we think of a U magnet, we know that its poles are at the edge of each leg, with a parallel gap between the legs and their "bloch wall" on the rounded base of the u, right ?
Maybe, magnets may be much more complex than that.

Quote:
Can we then say consequently that the two openings on the case sides could figure a similar configuration ?
I suspect not, In my tests it became obvious that the splits in the case were there to separate two magnetic circuits. At least if it operates in the way I suspect

Quote:
If yes, the electro magnets pairs may not be constituted what we're thinking the pairs are...

Follow me : on your picture, what if the brushes pairs 1-2 and 3-4 correspond to the field coils sequence : B-D / A-C ? Can you see the case openings between each stator coil pair as expressed here ? The "round base bloch wall zone" of the u magnet could then be figured by the cases' extremities ?
I did not not wire them like that, maybe you could try it.

Quote:
On another hand : you assumed that the rotor wiring was universal. If yes, you mean all of it's coils are globally "shunted" (the whole armature wiring is one thread, with the ending terminal joining back the starting terminal, like in the universal dc motors) ?
A 4 pole universal type motor or generator would be a good donor device to get the parts from. Whether the field winding is shunt or series has not yet being established but as the current could potentially be 100+ amps I favour series to keep the current down a little. Standard armatures are a continuous loop and we know there was something unusual about the Lockridge armature. I used a simple armature with separate coils and no interconnectivity. As well as being relatively easy to wind, these armatures have no compromises like standard Lap and Wave wound armatures. They produce strong fields and do not heat up as fast as looped armatures. They arc and build up high voltages that can be harvested. Standard armatures are very difficult to harvest power from as the currents find it easier to pass around the armature than to go through brushes to a separate circuit.

Quote:
My proposal is that the rotor coils are independant pairs, not connected with the others, with only 2 terminals : input AND output.
I agree either single windings or pairs.
Quote:
Since I suspect the series of the Siemens device (generator) is going to feed the motor part, there certainly the transformer action that I've previously here described above as "irrelevant, just for the record" !!! I might have been wrong in such statement... But I have further tests to conduct now about it (with my 3 posts star wounded motor, that I need to make again first, in order to validate some data that I'm hoping to find, now that I think I know what to look for. Unfortunately, this test will have real magnets, instead of electro-magnets. And as I have only a 3 poles rotor inside the two magnets stator, the two magnets will have to be the same polarity N-N or S-S... with a battery. But the voltmeter will be handy for what I'm looking for...).

But if that shows encouraging, it might be that we would possibly have the stator poles pairs made of a 2 field coils being the sames in each pair (S-S and N-N)... I have to go testing now.

[** I have an idea that some unbalance must exist and alternate..... ** A BIG and small field coils in pair for each 2 pairs is maybe relevant here !!! **]

For a simulation : I checked and doubt that the applet you're advising me can allow a motor schematic... Will see, or figure out something else maybe.

I'll keep here posted.
I think there are differences between what I have done and what you propose. I will help if I can as it is always good to share knowledge so that it does not become lost or hidden in patents.