View Single Post

Old 03-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Hehe ! I knew my Gibberish could prove problematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrownn
Series wound?
Yep : Inductive electro-magnetic dynamo can be wired series as well as parallels. Siemens' is series.

Quote:
You have lost me, which is the latter? Spell it out like you did in the last paragraph.
Hehe, This I have modified several times to try to be less heavy... I should have prefered to stay unequivoqually understood instead (too, because i perfectly know that my English sucks, since I'm not a native nor regular practitionner of it - reading/understanding quite well is not writing/expressing near good).

So : "the latter" intended to mean "the last point of the series where we just had stopped to observe our generated current" ("latter", like in old patents describing mode), that's : the output of the field electro-magnetic coil pair 1

Quote:
I dont get it (...) Please try again.
So be it.

Here's the whole rephrased attempt :

Quote:
(This quote was augmented too)

The Siemens device shows that an induction takes place (creates a current) from the interaction between the shaft's coil moving in front of the electro-magnets.

Let's say that the Lockridge device's 3 external coils (trifilar) are intended as an impedance matchers ; for the sake of simplicity, let's consider only 2 of them (pretending they do the job).

We know there is a big capacitor too, in the form of 2 copper layers. What can be the capacitance here ? 1, 2, 3... farads ?
And let's suppose the shafts has 2 distinct rotor coils, attached each to 2 commutator's segments (hence a total of 4 commutator segments, for simplicity again here too).

Here's "my" possible wiring version (for now) : (in textual description, because my drawing attemps all were awfuls)

Connect the first leg of the capacitor to the impedance matchin coil 1 input;
The matching coil 1 outputs to the brush A to the shaft's coil 1, that outputs to the brush A',
which feeds the first field electro-magnetic coil pair 1 input

There, already, when the shaft's coil is launched by hand in front of the field electro-magnet (external force) , should have been generated a current between cap's leg 1 and field electro-magnetic coil pair 1's output (Siemens device principle).

So, let's output this current from the electro-magnetic coil 1 output to the second field electro-magnetic coil pair 2 input, which coil pair outputs to the shaft's coil 2 (through the brushes B-B', in attraction mode, which aims at assisting that which was impulsed directly by hand).

Let's finally output the brush B' to the impedance matching coil n2, which ends in the second leg of the capacitor, and the loop is looped, so that the whole series is not a short circuit.

Hence the capacitor has current somewhere somehow to feed it, making it a pulsating battery ?

The turning shaft exchanges again its coils to be exposed, which closes the circuit again, while the running shaft's momentum re-generates an additional electric burst again to the whole series, the capacitor being quite at the electric center of the whole serie, thus dividing/balancing the electric circuit like it is , for example, in any dc brushed motor connected to a battery.

In that, it may be practical to remark a parallel with the motor/battery couple, figured out by the similar balance between attraction/repulsion of each of the device's halves.

Hey, nothing really new under the sun here, I know (and I was taught in school that a self sustaining device is impossible. But...)

Conclusion :

As this whole strictly series cuircuit can be energized again by the running shaft, because of its Siemens device's component which is the approximate half of our series, it should "suffice" to find how to generate a "big enough" energization in order to allow an helping compensating motor action back.

The inconvenience of permanent magnets is that they have effectively permanent strong opposing field impedance to the shaft's coil which is "incoming from the wrong direction" (remember : for the Siemens generator to produce current, the shaft's coil must pass in front of its corresponding field coil in "reverse direction").

But here, because we're dealing with electro-magnetic coils (those which opposes and attracts the shaft's coils), the commutation off-state moment frees further (helps) the non-impeded "unplugged" momentum of the shaft.

Anyway, because of the general induction, there's an augmented current burst due to the very nature of the external trifilar, which is at least a double -coil that must react with both currents positive and negative when they're incoming from opposite directions, hence adding some more energy.

Maybe we can further hypothesize that the (remaining) third coil is the real impedance matching component.

Anyway, the very same problems must arise when trying to drive a motor and another distinct "external" generator through a belt... The Sciense says it can't be done. Some already proved the opposite, ie : the self sustained water pump system (video).

I'm just aiming here at further simplifying again (like the Lockridge device previously had) the same principle.

So, does my present understanding (yet) make sense ?
Here was my best output ! I'm quite confident in my wiring idea (but less of my English... Ok, I'm now stoping to apologize for being a french in France. But never fear to bash my phrasings, as long as you point out the correct sentences which feel "better").

Now is left to dimension the field electro coils according to their awaited own roles, and the trifilar and the capacitor. Not the simplest thing to achieve, is it ?

Quote:
(...)your theories can be tested verbally before you go to the expense of building something. Testing Ideas verbally is frowned upon by some, so if you get unnecessary criticism just ignore it.
I don't fear no one, nothing, except of failing. It's certain that I profoundly prefer the sane collaboration of alike minds.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by marseye; 03-28-2016 at 11:42 AM.