View Single Post

Old 03-27-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrownn
(...)Can you follow this?
I think I can. Would have to experiment to grasp it fully, and I'm not equiped for that...

I'm thinking of the following : (in simple terms, simplistic logic)

The Siemens device shows that an induction takes place (creates a current) from the interaction between the shaft's coil moving in front of the electro-magnets.

Let's say that the Lockridge device's 3 external coils (trifilar) are intended as an impedance matchers ; for the sake of simplification, let's consider only 2 of them (pretending they do the job).

We know there is a big capacitor too, in th form of 2 copper layers. What can be the capacitance here ? 1, 2, 3... farads ?

Here's "my" possible wiring version (for now) : (in textual description, because my drawing attemps all were awfuls)

From the first leg of the capacitor,
connect the impedance matchin coil 1;
it outputs to the brush A to the shaft's coil 1, that outputs to the brush A',
which feeds the first field electro-magnetic coil.

There, already, when the shaft's coil is launched by hand in front of the field electro-magnet (external force) , should have been generated a current between cap's leg1 and field electro-magnetic coil pair 1's output (Siemens device principle).

Let's input the latter output to the second field electro-magnetic coil pair 2, which outputs to the shaft's coil 2 (through the brushes B-B', in attraction mode)

Let's finally output the brush B' to the impedance matching coil n2, which ends in the second leg of the capacitor.

Now the capacitor is charged (at least by the bemf), ready to discharge.

The turning shaft exchanges again its coils to be exposed, which closes the circuit again, while the running shaft's momentum re-generates an additional electric burst again.

Conclusion :

As this whole serial cuircuit can be fed again by the now charged capacitor, it should "suffice" to find how to generate big enough in order to allow a compensating motoring action back.

The matter of permanent magnets is that they have permanent strong opposing field resistance to the shaft's coil which is "incoming from the wrong direction" (remember : for the Siemens generator to produce current, the coil must pass its corresponding field coil in "reverse direction").

But here, because we're dealing with electro-magnetic coils (thoses which opposes and attracts the shaft's coils), the commutation off-state moment helps further the non-impeded momentum of the shaft.

Anyway, because of the general induction, there's an augmented current burst due to the very nature of the external trifilar, adding to their impedance matching intention.

Does that make sense ?

I have nothing to try my idea for now (I don't have any suitable induction brushed motor at hand).

Let's keep in mind that the generated current must be enough for a motoring action AND feeding a moderate external load !

But we know that it's been made before... Don't we ?

(please pardon my gibberish)

Last edited by marseye; 03-27-2016 at 09:29 PM.