Thread: Eric Dollard
View Single Post

Old 02-11-2016, 12:56 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macak View Post
This is my opening offering.
Fantastic opening offering Macak!

Clearly presented with lab notes, coil descriptions, tests, methods, observations and conclusions. Easy to follow.

Coils: Your coils resemble Extracoils given the height to width ratio, with 100 turns or so. So they would still have a good propagation speed. I do notice they pull-in slightly in the centre, as they tend to do, so you might want to add a third brace in the middle to prevent this with future coils. (Otherwise the turns work loose, but your epoxy fixed that, itís not a big thing in anyway).

You seem to have a great result with the ďtransmitting modeĒ, the 50W bulb lights to full brightness via the one wire. There must be a reasonable impedance match between the receiving coil primary and the bulb itself.

With the CIG mode you have shown the various configurations clearly. I donít think I have tried them all as you, because I have my two secondary coils CW and CCW only. My two primary coils are both CW. I do not have a null between my two coils so I must be running the in phase mode. (Iíll try swapping the leads around on one primary as see if I then obtain the Null).

Interesting observations..

Quote:
It is very noteworthy to observe as in #1, when the two CW wound coils are paired up with primaries fed in phase, the resonant frequency moves well above the fundamental of the individual coils. Not so with the other arrangements.

#1. - Both coil 1CW & 2CW primaries connected in parallel in phase: No nulls with fluorescent tube, a unified field present between the coils. E probes showed two in phase waveforms. Fo = 1919KHz. .3 amps neutral line current. E field was .348 volts.
Possible reasons for this: 1, It may be such that from the perspective of the primary coils the resistance R of the wire in the two coils is lower? 2, the Inductance L reduces the secondaryís thus the Fo raises to a higher value?

Quote:
To address the original question for these tests in determining the significance of the counter wound or conjugate coils we have evidence in the second, CIG mode only. Comparing the observations from 1/14/15, numbers 1 & 3, the in phase fed conjugate coil match up provides the highest E field of any combination, no null, in phase fields and high neutral current. There seemed to be no advantage with regard to energy being transferred between coils in the transmitting mode which is where I would have expected it to be.

#3.- Both Coil #1CW & #3CCW primaries fed in parallel in phase: No null with fluorescent tube. E probes show two in phase waveforms. Fo= 1862 KHz The neutral line current was .85 amps. E probe .51 volts.
With #3 you have a high neutral line current, which is desirable for single wire (open circuit) lighting of filament bulbs etc. So I would suggest putting your 50W bulb in-line with the connected neutral wires. (Or output wires as I call it).

You could try disconnecting the secondary neutral wires from your grounding system and connect them through the bulb and then to a capacity of some kind. You could use your own body as this capacity to do this and they should light up as I have shown. It feels freaky to do it but then you should experience the heating and charging effects I have reported.

Your #3 setup best resembles what I have currently set-up, except I have a single common elevated capacity for both coils and running loads off the neutral line output.

Quote:
Also noteworthy from the videos referenced, is the observation of annular rings of light and dark areas in the fluorescent tube while probing the mid space between the coils when there is an out of phase relationship with the fields. This condition has been observed within the field of a single coil excited at these frequencies as well. This could rule out a mixing product of two resonant coils beating slightly out of tune.
These rings or strips inside the fluorescent tubes are a common sight within the field of a Tesla coil (single or otherwise). Iím not sure about the explanation however.

It seems there are several modes or configurations, each perhaps with its advantage, A High dielectric field strength or high displacement current (neutral current) or higher frequency. More investigations are required, but It all likely depends on what you are trying to achieve for a given purpose.

Another interesting idea would be to employ three coils, or even four and see the effects. Although this is complicates matters indeed!

Anyway great work indeed. Looking forward to more!

Last edited by Sputins; 02-11-2016 at 12:59 AM.