Old 12-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufopolitics View Post
@Bistander:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bistander View Post
Hi Ufo,

Inside the magnet there is not an all North domain on one end and an all South domain on the other end divided by a wall down the middle. I don't believe there is anything "in" the magnet in the middle which shows as the white line on your images.
Up to that discussion we had in the above quoted post from you in another thread...you did not even know about the proven discovery and existence of a Main Domain Wall or Bloch Wall, exactly in the middle of every single magnet in the world...search Felix Bloch discovery of its structure.
Hi Ufo,

Unless you're God, you cannot state with any certainty what I knew. And awareness and acceptance are different.

At any rate, my point is that there are millions of very small (microscopic) domains in that magnet of yours, not 2 like you illustrate and seem to believe. It is my understanding that each domain has walls between it and its neighbors. How many of these walls are Bloch walls? I don't know. But I do not believe there is a dividing wall at the geometric center between the north and south poles of every magnet.

You say there is and call it a main domain wall or Bloch Wall and also a dielectric plane. I don't know about that for sure. Heck, I don't even know what a dielectric plane is. You and Ken seem to need counterspace to explain that. So let's not go there.

I know this is from wikipedia, but I have seen it elsewhere many times and believe it is an actual microphotograph of domains.

Quote:
Photomicrograph of NdFeB, the magnetic material used to make neodymium rare earth magnets, under a Kerr-microscope, showing the magnetic domain structure. The metal is composed of microscopic crystal grains. The domains are the light and dark stripes faintly visible within each grain. Due to magnetic anisotropy, the crystal lattice of each grain has an "easy" preferred direction of magnetization, and the domains form as stripes roughly parallel to this direction. The magnetization of light and dark domains is opposite, parallel to their long axis. In most of the grains the domains are parallel to the surface, but in the outlined grain the "easy" direction of magnetization is almost vertical, so only the ends of the domains are visible. ).
bi
Attached Images
File Type: png MagDomains.png (289.0 KB, 725 views)