View Single Post

Old 11-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Gold Member

erfinder,
To answer your question about acceleration under load using air cores. Yes, we've made progression on that front. I have gotten acceleration under load with several (well, 3 is not really several) differential coil configurations. I WAS spending the time to try and figure out which configuration produced the most power, and then got evacuated because of the fire and have not been back to work on it since, but I will continue to work on that in my spare time.

You are absolutely correct that using external motors is a waste of resources, but it is a proof of concept that anyone with a dc motor and some wire to wrap a couple coils can build. And once folks SEE what is possible, perhaps they will invest the money needed to move forward in the RIGHT direction. I started out with my big 12 coil generator being run by a small razor scooter motor with recovery circuits. It worked. Then to increase production I started using some of the motor coils as drive coils to eliminate the motor. Then I switched to air core coils to avoid the magnetic lock of the magnets to the coil cores. Then I started looking at wiring configurations that would speed up the motor under load and still produce power as generating coils. You have to look at every part of a build and figure out what you can do to tweet it to improve production. As you well know, learning this stuff is a process. Too many folks here want to run before they have learned to walk or even crawl, and as you move through a progression of learning you pick up bits and pieces of information about how to build that each add small improvements to your project. And all those bits and pieces put together is the difference between success and failure, or the difference between COP of 2 and COP of 10 or more. Our belief is that if it doesn't have a COP of at least 8, you aren't there yet.

Dave