View Single Post

Old 10-11-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMack View Post
@Tachyoncatcher,
Excellent. Very close.

Let's talk about Ufo's test device again, there is that nice kick from his repelling ramp at the bottom. What is responsible for that? Is it the attraction to the ramp and it's attendant acceleration? Is it a repelling field induced in the ends of the tines as the rotor magnet passes? A combination of the two? Is an induced repelling field in the tines collapsing later and suddenly re-attracting the rotor magnet? If that is the case shouldn't the rotor magnet field be transitioning to the next ramp before that happens?
The top ramp exhibits different behavior. There is no kick at the end of that ramp. It looks like an attracting field is being induced in the tine ends. If that is the case we need to neutralize that ramp as soon as it has done it's job of accelerating the rotor by changing the attraction vector to 0 (tines parallel to rotor magnet arc of travel) and reducing the magnetic attraction as much as practical (gradually reduce the mass of the tines) until the rotor magnet field can transition to the next ramp.
It's not all about gain, it's about loss prevention too. The two types of nodes have different properties so the ramps must be different to properly utilize them. ...
Dear Mack,
With the North facing rotors, we are chasing a South field down the ramps on both ends. On the repelling side based on Ufo's positioning of the ramp on the stator magnet, I would say the added length is needed to provide a place for that south field to move to. This then gives us the attraction seen that pulls the repelling rotor toward the end of the ramp. His ramp design and placement does not allow for inductive kick and this can be seen in the video. So, I don't believe the moving South field disappears, but gets moved to the bottom of the ramp where the opposing north field is weaker. Then moves to the end to create the pull we see of the rotor magnet to the repelling stator magnet. Yum, yum, my words taste good. Lol. So polarity IS used as a tool to further bias the nodes at the stator magnets.

Now with that said the attracting side is wholly different. The ramp has an inductive kick in front of the stator, but that moving South field is still present in the ramp. With ramps, as Ufo has them, this would amplify the South field of the stator and extend it past the stator magnet giving us the seen braking. So my take aways are such:
Attracting side-
The attracting ramp must end ~ the middle of the attracting stator magnet to end that moving field even with the magnet, for now. The ramp should terminate in such a way that the force vectors are as close to zero as possible and the mass is minimized at the center line of the stator magnet. I believe the ramp should also be near the face of the stator magnet.

Repulsion side-
The ramps should extend beyond the repulsive stator magnet. The end should be blunt and not too close to the face of the magnet. Mass at the end for the moving field to travel to. See Ufo's video of bottom ramp.

Thanks you Ufopolitics for the excellent video. It has been a great learning tool when used in slow motion. The process I use to view Youtube video in slow motion is by downloading the video, then viewing it with VLC media player. This allows you to slow the motion down as slow as you like. Something Youtube lacks.

Thanks All,

Randy

Last edited by tachyoncatcher; 10-11-2015 at 07:41 PM.