Thread: Eric Dollard
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2015, 08:41 PM

CRI update

Hi to all:
In the past week I did some experimentation by trying to duplicate Eric's telluric antenna system.
I laid down on the ground two 100 feet long insulated wire (1.2 mm dia.) in a straight line.
At the far ends of the wires I drove into the ground two 30 inch long grounding bars with quick connects.
In the middle of the two 100 feet wires I connected a 2 1/2 turn wire loop (2 mm dia.), loop dia. about 3 inches.
I have a not to sophisticated AM/FM radio.
First, the ends of the 100 feet wires were not connected to the grounding bars.
I took the radio and tuned it to a very weak AM station (rotating the radio until the audio was barely noticeable). Next I moved the radio next to the wire loop while keeping it's relative orientation the same. There were definite improvement in the audio strength.
Second, I connected the ends of the 100 feet wires to the grounding bars. The audio got noticeably louder.
Third, I removed one wire end from the grounding bar and the audio got even louder compared to the previous setting. It did not make any different at which wire end I made the disconnecti.
Conclusion so far is that having a long wire laying on the ground and split in the middle with a few turns coil added and one end connected to a grounding bar considerably improves the radio's AM reception, just as Eric demonstrated in his video. I will run one more test where I will run the two 100 feet wires parallel to each other 12, 24 and 36 inches apart to see if these make any difference in reception. This may demonstrate that "folding" the wires will accomplish the same as wires on a straight run.
Next step is to burry the wire. For this to happen I have to dig a 200 feet long trench in a very hard soil. The only way I can do this is to use my pick axe. I am shooting for at 6 inches depth but if my strength holds out I will go for 9 inches. The other problem is that the local temperature still hover around 100 degree F.
I thought I will be clever and name Eric's system a "grountenna", but before doing so I "googled" the word and to my surprise I found out that I was about 90 years to late. It appears that in 1925 a company "Western Coil and Electrical Co" was advertising a device called the "Radiodyne Grountenna"that was suppose to make the use of all outside "aerials" for radio reception obsolete.
This left me with the choice of the word "groundantenna" for which google showed no usage.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0829.jpg (645.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0832.jpg (697.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0833.jpg (599.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0831.jpg (345.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0830.jpg (383.7 KB, 9 views)