Thread: Eric Dollard
View Single Post

Old 09-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Cri

Hi to all experimenters:

The point of the following discussion is to try to find out what do we need material wise to follow/duplicate Eric's experiments. Copper prices are very high, therefore, it is important to know what is the minimum usable size for a conductor for our experiments.

I have again carefully watched Eric's CRI video. He is using two 6000 feet long underground telephone cable for "antenna"? The two far ends of the 6000 feet cable runs are grounded, in the middle he connected a two loop coil to the ends of the 6000 feet cables. No information is given on the grounding rods' material, diameter or length. Eric is using the phone cable's metal shield only and not the multi conductor wire bundle inside. I have a large length of old Radio Shack phone cable, part no. 276-776, that has 25 individual insulated #28 gage multi strand wires inside that are wrapped with aluminum foil and covered with a braided metal shield and covered with insulation. So basically we have two 6000 feet insulated single conductors that are grounded at the opposite ends. It would be nice and very educational if Eric would run some tests with two 3000 feet cables, then with two 1000 feet cables and two 500 feet cables and finally with two 100 feet cables, and tabulate the results in terms of AM reception strength vs. underground antenna length.

In the video Eric mentions the cable depth as between 18" and 36". At this point I think as long the cable is buried even just 6" it will work fine. The radio waves bouncing back and forth inside the earth will intercept the cables regardless the buried depth. I would like to see a picture from Eric that shows his concept of radio waves' propagation inside the earth.
The volume of the metal shields inside the phone cable is considerable. I don't know Eric's cable diameter but my cable's foil and the braided metal shield probably equivalent to at least a #4 solid conductor.