View Single Post

Old 08-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Gold Member

MadMac,
You said: "You do not want to shunt the magnetic field like his picture shows, on the attracting stator magnets." Does this mean that you DO shunt the magnets on the repelling field? I would assume NOT.

Thanks for the quick responses. I believe I have enough information to attempt a replication. I will have to see if I have enough of the right kind of magnets and if not, I may have to order some and that could take a few days. In the meantime I can work on the mechanics of setting up the rotor, adjustable stator, and adjustable ramps.

I will be using 6 magnets on the rotor and 6 on the stator, as I have learned from experience that it is better to try and "balance" pairs of magnets for repulsion and attraction. If you get the first two to balance with each other, you add two more and try to balance them with the first two and with each other. Magnets with a hole in them allow you to put a long bolt through them with a nut on the back and the threaded rod gives you adjustment options.

Right now I am looking for suitable material for the two curved ramps. Just exploring my options for that.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to share information. Hopefully I will have something to post soon. I probably won't be posting here until I do. I have no interest in cluttering up this thread when I have nothing to contribute. There is enough of that.

Dave

Last edited by Turion; 08-26-2015 at 08:17 PM.