View Single Post

Old 03-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Hi Lotec ,

nice to see your post :-) , Don used some kind of helical antenna dipole where every part form a quarter waves electrical length , the two parts together form a half antenna dipole , one of them will take the back EMF so he could unify both the voltage and the current to be present at the same time , when the voltage is high on the edge the current is almost zero ( in center tap) but when the electromagnetic wave collapse the current is high but the voltage will driver an opposite component , this is why ( my point of view ) we have to use twin coil to combine voltage with current.

i am still not confident with the test i did using small neon light bulb because i got the lighter points when the E-TBC was inside a plastic PVC and L2 coil wound on it, when removing the plastic tube these points with high lighting gone ! meaning the plastic dielectric was a part from the phenomena, the electrical component of the electromagnetic waves prefer high dielectric material to penetrate in it .... from the edge i count 13 turns and i found these node point where the voltage is almost zero ! ( maybe i need advice from Antenna expert )

but when the plastic tube removed to form an ideal air coil these points gone but the power still exist meaning the small light neon bulb is less sensitive ) here i have to mention the equipment Don used ... for example high voltage probe , high voltage high frequency generator , sophisticated LC meter, oscilloscope ... and a lots more to work effectively in RADIO FREQUENCY environment

the yellow cap was intended for regulating the oscillation of L1 coil, the problem with spark gap is the dumping oscillation and its quality, to achieve this situation we have to satisfy the condition of under dumping oscillation where the square resistance of spark gap when firing have to be

in practice the resistance of spark gap have to be around 200 OHM ( my calculation ), this mean the distance of the gap have to be small in other hand a parallel capacitor ( yellow Don cap) will help to achieve a reasonable oscillation under these critical conditions, the position of spark gap can be before the yellow cap if direct resonance condition is achieved which lead me to think the inventor used a relatively high frequency module to driver his combination, in my case i use NE555 driver circuit which work around 12 KHZ , it's a low frequency and direct resonance is very very difficult to be achieved, maybe later i will use ZVS driver to achieve higher frequency.

the distance of spark gap will not affect the resonance frequency of the E-TBC but it can affect the condition of oscillation as discussed above.

about the E-TBC it's very easy to be hidden because it take the form of PVC tube , but notice this video

Конференция Смита - YouTube

where someone from the audience ask the inventor to take a measure from his device, Don noticed he want to take a resistive measurement .... so he said it will fry your multimeter.......

it was clear Don prevent taking measurement of his device ( he did it nicely )

Attached Images
File Type: png Picture4.png (2.0 KB, 391 views)
File Type: png Picture3.png (482.3 KB, 433 views)

Last edited by med.3012; 03-06-2015 at 10:03 PM.