View Single Post

Old 03-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Hi Med
Been a while since we talked, Good to see you posting your progress. You have broken the frequency barrier with the culpitts oscillator.

When it comes to standing waves with some experiments Ive seen with helical resonators one end is hot and the other is not, is it with your E-TBC that the inside is hot the outside is not, but the neon can only access the voltage node from the edges?

I would have liked to have been more helpful but for now the best I can do is try to learn.

The last picture you posted with the two yellow caps, are those two long black things next to them diodes? If so, caps, diodes. and a type of sparkgap connected and that close together,, now Im confused.

I did download the video linked (thankyou ) so I will take a more panoramic view at that.

About spark gaps, how do they work. Does widening the gap lower the frequency, or does quenching the spark raise the frequency. I also cant help but be curious about the typical frequencies one might expect from a spark gap.

One last question, is it just me or is the resonator winding in some of Mr Smiths devices missing or covered over with an insulative layer so its not easily seen?

Thanks
Lotec