View Single Post

Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 PM

Electron configuration clears up the confusion: the triple bonding of nitrogen.

This is a repost of my most recent comment over at one of my episodes devoted to Stanley Meyer's Water Fueled Car playlist on YouTube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2pS...pzoanb5dbka4ig

Quote:
Hey, guys. Let's try and clear up some confusion by immersing ourselves into a topic which most HHO enthusiasts rarely tread: electron configuration. 'Cuz, I'm gonna lay something on you that'll blow this topic away...

I learned this from studying Tesla's Tri-Metal Generator which I've been posting over at EnergeticForum.com. Sometimes, difficult mysteries are best solved by thinking in terms of the opposite to what you're trying to achieve, because - sometimes - the trick is in the repercussion of whatever is predetermined to occur by way of skillful engineering, not in terms of causation alone.

In this case, Stanley (and possibly Herman Anderson) is getting his *tremendous energy release* - not when hydrogen is being burned to form water (he'll get *some energy released*, understandably), nor when ammonium ion is oxidized (a little bit more energy is released), but - when each nitrogen ion released from the oxidation of an ammonium ion recombines to form a triple bond with another nitrogen ion. Bam! That's when vast amounts of energy gets released and not any sooner.

The hydrogen bound to nitrogen (as ammonium ion) is not intended to store any appreciably vast quantity of energy. It's only main purpose is to keep other nitrogen ions away from recombining with other nitrogen ions until oxidation occurs.

It all has to do with the triple bonding of nitrogen ions **after their oxidation**. This is why it takes at least 70,000 volts (in Herman Anderson's case) to positively ionize N2 to break it apart to form ions of nitrogen. And this is the energy returned when nitrogen slams back into likenesses of itself. The conversion here (law of conservation being upheld) is to convert 70,000 volts into an expansive force of gases compressing against the inside of a piston to drive a car/truck up a steep incline. To do this directly, might be achievable by using an electrostatic motor. But Stanley did it with this indirect method, instead, making it much more convenient to convert over our pre-existing gasoline guzzlers.

Oxygen ions won't triple bond with hydrogen ions to form water; those are strictly singular bondings. Hydrogen ions won't triple bond with nitrogen ions. But nitrogen will do it with atoms of its own kind, namely: other nitrogen ions. Phosphorus might triple bond with other phosphorus ions (I'm hypothesizing) since it shares similar characteristics of 'p' orbitals as does nitrogen; but I don't know this for certain - I'm still new at this study of electron configuration.

What little I'm learning about electron configuration lends, does not detract, from Peter Lindemann's statement two summers ago on how Stanley managed to succeed: positive ionization of air and hydrogen in separate inlet ports before their combination prior to their combustion. He just didn't say why. In fact, Peter left it up to the person to whom he was addressing (not me; I was merely overhearing their conversation) to figure out the significance of what Peter was alluding to by merely stating that nitrogen's capacity for triple bonding with itself has the potential for serving as a much greater storehouse of energy than the use of hydrogen alone in Stanley's setup. I just assumed this meant the burning of ammonium ion. I couldn't have imagined that it's not entirely about that. It's about the reformation of triple bonding of reunited nitrogen ions. They're so "Happy Together!" that they make a big party upon their reunion and release all sorts of energetic presents to all of their happy guests to enjoy. Voila.

For a mild introductory education on electron configuration, please see Khan Academy Organic Chemistry YouTube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/user/readysetorgo

www.khanacademy.org