View Single Post

Old 01-15-2015, 01:07 AM

Copper clad aluminum wire anecdote...

I was looking online for insulated aluminum wire for experimentation and bumped into copper clad aluminum wire used for audio systems in cars. What struck my fancy was that their main feature was their use in the megahertz range. This is very telling that possibly Tesla's Tri-Metal Generator vibrates its reciprocating pistons in at least this same frequency range, because the reduction of conductive resistance along the surface of this wire indicates that its manufacturer is trying to encourage the skin effect, namely: getting the electricity to run along the surface of the wire rather than along its interior. Something Tesla stories are ripe with going even further: getting the electrical energy to run along the surface of the wire's insulator leaving no motion remaining in the wire's interior at all.

I wonder if that could happen in this device?

If so, then I wonder further if the insulator has to *not* be made of a petroleum product?

People in Tesla's day had no access to petroleum products to the extent that we do today.

Nathan Stubblefield's patents specify cotton sleeves covering his bare copper wires leaving his iron wires apparently bare. But I don't think so. I think the cotton was there to coat with some or another natural substance derived from the sap of plant/s. This is not stated in his earth battery patents, but I take to be implied. Like the varnish coating a Stradivarius violin, these coats did more then merely insulate, they made overunity a more familiar concept then it is today.

We have been duped by way of convenience and convention.

This is why handmade components for our experiments may be the only way to succeed.