View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 PM

Version two: a homopolar tri-metal generator...

Ok, so reciprocating pistons might be one version. But what about the story of my electrician's coworker? His version of a tri-metal generator was the size and dimension of a spiral bound notebook.

One thing about the study of the watt-hour meter that I have not described is the vague similarity between the jeweled bearing (of white sapphire or diamond) on the bottom of the bronze vertical axle (to which the spinning aluminum disk of the watt-hour meter is attached) and a piezoelectric oscillator. The jeweled bearing may be thought of as a crystal oscillator in as much as the bearing will vibrate as the disk of the watt-hour meter spins. Or, it may not vibrate until "center of load" is reached (in which the load equals supply, as described by Mr. Dort via William Lyne).

So, I'll assume that the jeweled bearing is serving as a memory component, not unlike an EPROM retaining a state of memory whenever a computer is switched off.

So, let's see...
  1. Two aluminum disks are set to counter-rotate in close proximity to one another, suspended on two congruent axles separated by a jeweled bearing between them. These disks represent stage #3 of post #18.
  2. On either side of this pair of disks are a sandwich of flat circular permanent magnets of weak strength (ceramic?) with their north poles facing inwardly towards this pair of aluminum disks. These magnets represent stages #1 and #2 of post #18.
  3. Completely surrounding these two aluminum disks is an iron core, toroidal winding of copper wire intended to pickup whatever charge is being thrown off by this homopolar generator. This toroidal winding replaces the braking magnet of the watt-hour meter and represents stages #4 and #5 of post #18.
  4. There's probably a need for one or two diodes embedded in the copper wire leading off of the toroidal winding to maintain a unidirectional flow which implies that this is a DC device.