View Single Post

Old 09-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Gold Member

Information

Let me lay some things out for you all here. If you are not familiar with the 3BGS thread and the 8 years of work we have done on it, this may be a little confusing, but you only have yourself to blame. The thread is there. You could have read it. If any statement I make here is untrue, please feel free to call me on it. I am here to present FACTS, not theory.

1. If you connect a motor to a battery with the red from the motor to the positive and the black from the motor to the negative, the motor will spin clockwise. (As an example) Reverse this connection and the motor will spin counter clockwise. Can we begin with that basic premise and assume that if you had connected the motor as I first suggested it would spin clockwise and if you reverse the wires the direction of rotation will also reverse?

2. Leave the positive of your motor connected to the positive of battery one and disconnect the negative of the motor from the negative of battery one and add a second battery in series, connecting the negative lead from the motor to the negative terminal of the second battery which is now wired in series. Do you still have that clockwise rotation? You should.

3. Put three batteries in series (always leaving the positive of the motor connected to the positive of battery one) so you are left with an " "open negative". Connect up the negative of the motor to the open negative, and it will still spin clockwise. Agreed?

4. Disconnect the third battery from both the 2nd battery and the motor and spin it around so that its negative is now connected to the negative of battery two, and its positive is connected to the motor. Flip the switch and the motor spins clockwise. Has the direction of current flow changed? If it HAD changed when you did this 4th step, would not the motor have also reversed its rotation to counterclockwise? This is the 3BGS setup for those who do not know.

5. Put the negative of your volt meter lead on the negative of battery One and the positive volt meter lead to the positive side of the motor (which is also connected to the positive of battery one) Record the voltage. Now leave the negative lead of the meter where it is, but move the positive lead on the meter to the other side of the motor and record the voltage. Is it a couple volts higher? I won't bore you with theory. All that matters is what your meter says.

6. If you let the motor run in this configuration, battery one will go down very, very slowly over time. Battery two will go down a little faster, while battery 3 will charge up.

Let us call the placement of battery 1 "position 1", the placement of battery two, "position two", and the placement of battery 3, "position three". The battery in the 3rd position is the one that is reversed.

Now, suppose you pulse this motor with a 33.3 on 66.6 off duty cycle.

7. You shaft connect a second motor, so that the two shafts are locked together. Yes, this requires motors that have shafts that go all the way through them and out the other side. This motor is wired exactly the same way as the first motor, except that it has battery two in the 3rd (reversed) position. It is wired to the same 3 batteries but its circuit is independent of the circuit connecting up motor one. It is also pulsed at a 33.3 on 66.6 off duty cycle, but is not "on" at the same time as motor one.

8. Now you shaft connect a third motor, so that the three shafts are locked together. This motor is wired exactly the same way as the first motor, except that it has battery one in the 3rd (reversed) position. It is wired to the same 3 batteries but its circuit is independent of the circuit connecting up motor one and the one connecting up motor two. It is also pulsed at a 33.3 on 66.6 off duty cycle, but is not "on" at the same time as motor one or motor two.

So you have voltage from a high potential moving through a load to a lower potential, doing work on the way without "using" much of the potential except in losses to friction/heat and switching losses. Because you have three motors, no single battery gets discharged, because for a third of the time every battery is in the "charge" position. (position 3)

Oh, and I almost forgot. 100% of the time two of the motors are acting as generators. Now add a flywheel to smooth out the pulses.

If you don't want to screw around with three off the shelf motors, build yourself a few rotors and some coils, and do it all with one unit. I have a 12 coil setup which allows 3 coils to run as motor coils while 9 coils generate, but it ALSO has a 12 volt DC motor that can run it when it gets up to speed. And that motor is run off the potential difference between a high voltage source and a low one. We are moving power around without using it up to get it to do work, with only losses to friction/heat and switching. I am NOT going to show you video of that setup running because YOU are not going to build that setup anyway. It is way too expensive and all machine work. You MIGHT, however, build what I have described here with some inexpensive motors, or maybe build yourself a rotor and wind your own coils. You can get results with only a few coils. I had a little two coil unit, but I have cannibalized it to use the rotors to build my coil testing device.

Have you seen anything on the SERPS concept??????????

Last edited by Turion; 09-25-2014 at 02:24 PM.