View Single Post

Old 07-09-2014, 03:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to h2ocommuter
Turning levers etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoluc View Post
Here are the images of the Skinner device from the ebay picture auction I enlarged and posted at the OU topic.

Now, the question is, who here bought this picture? it was sold for $10. minutes before it was first mentioned at this topic.

Also, look at the top mechanism, each side seems to have about 4 shafts to hold many gears in series to reach the final lever. So why would Mr. Skinner make it so complicated?

For everyone contemplating the elliptical orbit probability I would cite a couple of elements that may be of interest.

I clearly see the upper levers rotation and that tells me to look below.. inside the spring bearing /gumball (way too big) I see a "cam lobe", that would rock the boat and take the wobble out of the elliptical orbit! The upper attachment to the levers is the holding bar that holds the lever causing the rotation on the lever into the gumball/spring thingy, cam lobe. the upper bar that holds on to the lever and attached to the pulley seems to have that elliptical orbit. (I see all of this) Quite complicated to say the least. but makes sense to me. it would take a lot of tooling so I chose an easy way for me.

The thread being small is qualified to me in a couple of ways. first off what an elegant question! "The gear reduction math" I believe someone already has done that, which equals very low energy to turn the machine. The possibility that this could be a fuse type fail-safe to alleviate gear breakage is reasonable but the probable reason in my mind is that the machine turns very freely. nearly without effort.

Has anyone taken the measurements to find out what angle the weights are hanging on? I mean The angle of the weighted fulcrum from the offset shaft to the pivot bearing on the ground from vertical.? I just guess at 4' / 2" .041 degrees offset. that .04 percent is serious amount of energy potential.

A 4 percent grade in a big truck will push lots of free energy! down the hill...

Oh another question about the P in to p out.
1/5 hp in times 1200
.2 which is 1/5 of a whole say 1 hp * 1200 equal 240 hp
Skinner was surely not using 240 hp in his shop the way it looked.