View Single Post

Old 05-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Co-Founder & Moderator

William F. Skinner - Gravity Power

from ou

[quote author=noonespecial link=topic=14655.msg404508#msg404508 date=1401463392]

Jim Murray agrees with you. This is taken from Jim Murray's Mechanical Amplifier video which I assume most here have seen and Jim makes the following observation:
"The reason why power is conserved in an ordinary transmission is because of where we choose to place the prime mover. If the prime mover is placed on the axis of symmetry, I don't care what arrangement you have, any power gained as part of the system will be destroyed when the output is brought back to the center."

[/quote]

Here is an excerpt we put out about mechanical amplifiers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNeLgqrXJiw that was filmed at some event put out by Greer - he mentions that in this recent interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhaAxQjyeC0

Yes, that is the concept that many people have a hard time wrapping their heads around.

For example, another legitimate "ou" mechanical amplifier is the Veljko 2 State Oscillator:

Two-Stage Mechanical Oscillator - A Mechanical Amplifier - Veljko Milkovic - Official presentation

As it is rocking, if you hold the large hammer down on the "anvil" end and prevent it from moving - the input pendulum at the right side will continue to rock back and forth until it stops. It is not in lockstep with the output. They must be indirectly connected so the output is not proportional to the input. Otherwise, gravitational potential energy cannot enter the system and add to the work being done. But in the Veljko arrangement, it can as well as in the Skinner machine. Later, I'll show a clip showing how I separate them - it's pretty easy. The same principle applies to the Bedini SG, Jim Murray's SERPS device and every single legitimate Over 1.0 COP device - not just mechanical over 1.0 COP machines.

Otherwise, it is a closed loop system that will wind down to equilibrium (dead stop) and can't put external gravitational potential to use.

For example, some people look at Veljko's device and compare it to a grasshopper oil well pump because they refuse to acknowledge non-equilibrium principles.

If you stop the output pumping section and lock it up, it is directly connected to the input and will lock up the whole machine. The input will not be able to move at all. And likewise, if you lock up the input section, the output section will not continue to move until it dies down, it will simply instantly stop since it is in lockstep. This machine is a closed loop machine where there it cannot make use of free gravitational potential input. Huge difference from the open looped Vejlko machine and the Skinner machine.