View Single Post

Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Why not use even more modern stuff such as in attached diagram.
The response time of a 74HC86 is 9 ns. Its output will be pulled low if the inputs are equal, otherwise it will 'float' (open collector). So for as long as the inputs differ pulses can go to the counter. Counting these pulses will give you an indication of the time that the inputs were different.

Just a thought...

Ernst.
I don't know if that will work.

The idea is that two separate energy flows exist:

1) The normal electric current, which involves the movements of charged particles such as electrons drifting trough a wire;

2) a mass-less "current" involving movements of the aether itself.

This mass-less "aether current" is the force which actually causes the normal electron-based current to flow. It is this aether current which gives rise to the pressure variations in the aether which we measure as the electric field E. And this aether current appears to propagate as a longitudinal shockwave with a speed of sqrt(3) times c.

So, a normal electron based current won't propagate that fast. It may be possible to work with capacitive coupling and detect a pulse, since Eric Dollard used capacitive coupling with his experiments with longitudinal waves along a coax cable, as stated in NASA's Advanced Energetics for Aeronautical Applications: Volume II:

http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Mat...20VOL%20II.pdf

page 61:

Quote:
The BSRF researchers claimed that they have demonstrated that the wave propagation velocities of transverse waves and longitudinal waves are significantly different, even when they are produced by the same signal source.

The wave velocity of transverse waves was determined by measuring the frequency for which low-power radio waves directly coupled to the end of a conductor of known length produced a resonance condition that resulted in a maximum voltage measured at the "far" (nonsource) end of the conductor. Wave velocity was calculated as (resonant) frequency times wave length, which was equal to frequency times conductor length times four. (The factor of four is included because reflected energy and input energy result in a maximum output when the conductor length is one-quarter of the full [electric] wave length.) The wave velocity of longitudinal waves was determined in a very similar manner; however, the radio waves were capacitively (i.e., not directly) coupled to one end of a conductor equal in length to the conductor used for the transverse wave velocity measurement. As was done for transverse waves, wave velocity was calculated as (resonant) frequency times conductor length times four.

The results of these determinations were as follows:
transverse wave velocity = 2.44 x 108 m/s = 0.81 x c; and
longitudinal wave velocity = 3.74 x 108 m/s = 1.25 x c.

The velocity of transverse waves in "free space" (i.e., not confined to a conductor or other physical material) has been measured to be 3.00 x 108 m/s, and this value is commonly referred to as "the velocity of light, c" (Ref. 25).

This refers to this video:

Transverse & Longitudinal Electric Waves - Eric Dollard And Thomas Joseph Brown on Vimeo

However, when I watch the video (from about 11:24), I see inductive coupling into the coil and capacitive coupling at the detection side, whereby the windings are pretty close to one another, which does suggest inductive coupling between the windings and thus the taking of a "shortcut".

All in all, a signal with a fast rising edge capacitively coupled into a long wire and detected at the other end with a high impedance detection circuit (i.e. an opamp), also capacitively coupled, might work. Any low impedance detection circuit (requiring considerable current) will most likely not work.

In order to prevent inductive coupling, the core of a coax cable might work. IF a longitudinal shockwave propagates trough a coax cable with a propagation factor of about 0.8, one would expect a propagation speed of about 0.8*1.72 = 1.376 times c, which would be more than sufficient for demonstrating faster than light signal transmission.

Last edited by lamare; 02-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.