View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drak View Post
@Farmhand

I'm with you on all of those questions. I've studied this and thought about it for 4 days now and I have a guy who will go in half the cost if I decide to replicate this. I'm trying to do the math in my head. Why didn't he use a separate motor to kick the weights out, that way he could get an accurate input/output measurement. He has also been building these things for a while now, why would he keep going bigger if the concept didn't work on a small scale? or did it?

Using a little bit of energy to kick a little weight out to the side by a little bit yet it falls very far. I am trying to work out if size matters in this case. In all logic it shouldn't, right? What are your thoughts on the overall concept Farmhand? You think this device has "potential"? Do you believe in gravity wheels?
Hi Drak, I am willing to contribute financially to your project. I also have two new bearings with 20mm inside diameter spare.

http://budgetbearings.co.uk/shop/pro...ducts_id=21006

I do not expect anything in return.

I believe the math involves quantum physics, so good luck with that.

You can add a motor to kick the weights out and also use a magnet/s to assist. Mikhail has already done this on a previous version.

Imagine a torque wrench.

The longer the wrench the less effort you have to put on it too apply the same torque.

Therefore if a 1m diameter wheel has 100kg it will not produce as much torque as a 2m diameter wheel.

In Mikhail's website texts he talks about gravity as if it is water flowing to earth. I will dig this out when I have time.

The gravity wheel is like pair of old scales, the centre of gravity is constantly moved from the centre, so it is continually tipping.

The bike tyre is not only deflecting the weights, it is also putting them in a state of weightlessness after they have bounced off the tyre. I don't think this is going to be easy to calculate.