View Single Post

Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM

Yes this machine looks interesting and we will try to replicate his prototype 10 since it's simple.
It seems that prototype 10 did not use one way bearings, at least from what I can see by looking at the video frame by frame.
I understand that one way bearings might help since after the deflection they keep the weights deflected longer. But I think if the rpm is higher than a certain amount, even without one way bearings, the centrifugal force will keep the weights deflected for longer time since it pushes them out radially and at the 6 o'clock position it pushes them in a way so that they tend to stop to oscillate so that during the upward movement (6-12 o'clock) they stay almost still and so the torque applied to the center of the wheel is smaller.
On that prototype he claims he uses a 20W motor to deflect the weights and the wheel produces an output of 100W, so I'd call this pretty efficient.
On prototype 11 he claims 1000W in, almost 3000W out. So the smaller wheel seems more efficient and it's construction seems simpler.
Why did he change his design in your opinion?

Do you think his latest prototype 11 shown in the video uses one way bearings ? The wheel rotates fast so it's hard to see the details.
Moreover I don't exactly understand how the new wheel is constructed.
It seems like some chain and there are metallic strips attached to it and they get deflected only on one side where they pass over the small bicycle wheel.

According to the laws of Newton, the impulses on the weights issued by the motor should not create any overunity effect, and the energy of the impulse should just be transferred to the oscillating weights.
So what could lead to OU? Perhaps the centrifugal force that works against gravity and keeps the weights on the outside for longer time during the downward movement as described above?

Waiting for your opinions from you guys. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drak View Post
This seems rather interesting and simple to do. Although the one way bearings would cost alot. I will stew on this one for a while.