View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherichead View Post
Does this thing really work?
While I mean no disrespect, nor do I wish to be derogatory, No, it will not work.

If one uses conventional equipment, connected in conventional ways, then conventional physics is active. So...
1. The efficiency of a DC motor seldom exceeds 90%; similar for either DC or AC generators.
2. The efficiency of batteries varies widely based on type and age.
3. Power out must equal power in, less drops due to inefficiency. In short, if you power a DC motor with 100 watts at 90% efficiency, the shaft output will be 90 watts mechanical, a loss of 10%.
4. Any generating device will exhibit a load equivalent to the power it supplies. In short, if a spinning generator supplies 2000 watts of electrical, it must be supplied with > 2000 watts of shaft horsepower. Further, it doesn't matter at all how fast the generator spins relative to the driver: it will exhibit a torque resistance equivalent to the output.

In other words, using convention methods, conventional physics states you cannot get more out than you put in.

I suggest no one waste time and energy in pursuit of such things as this: it simply will not work as stated. In 30-odd years of engineering, I've encountered numerous "designs" similar to this, and none have worked as stated.

To construct a device that provides power with less input than output, exceptional means must be employed, else you must obey conventional physics.

Sorry.