View Single Post

Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citfta View Post

Another device that has had a lot of attention lately and also a lot of flaming involved is the Assymmetrical Electrodynamic Machine of Ufo Politics. I haven't come to a conclusion on that one yet. The idea of combining a motor and generator on the same housing is nothing new. I have worked on many dynamotors which work the same way. However Ufo has come up with a rather unique way of winding the armature and taking the power off the generator side. Will it do what he says? He incorrectly calculates the COP using only the voltage in compared to the voltage out. There are several replicators working to build one according to his specs. So we should soon be getting some hard data to prove or disprove his claims. We really need to see the current in and out as well as the voltage in and out. He also is claiming that once we start pulsing the motor's armature and field we will see even more improvement in performance. PWM (pulse width modulation) has been around for several years now and is a proven technology for improving the performance of a motor. I have never seen it applied to the field windings also as Ufo is planning to do, so that should prove to be interesting to see the results of that.
Hmmmm Maybe I need to take a look at UFO's work some time, I have been working on this principal for a long time, Including winding special armatures although I'm now not sure it is necessary.

Assuming no losses PWM could double the energy in the system. With motors it is current and not volts that creates mechanical power, using resonance we can make the volts go off the scale but the current remains the same in the motor and so the motor power remains the same. I have tested this and in reality the current actually drops somewhat. when the volts times amps is calculated we do seem to have an overunity in the power oscillating in the coils of the motor even though the motor power is down. The heat in the motor went up but with my equipment I could not tell whether the heat gain was in proportion to the motor drop in mechanical power or in proportion to the volts times amps gain, I think it was the latter but cannot be sure. As this is low grade heat and difficult to harvest I gave up on that one.

Continuing with my Lockridge device research, I have come up with several ways of utilizing the inductive kickback but because of motor and efficiencies a self running device is still not anywhere near. I then combined the generation in the same unit so now we have only 1 iron loss but again this isn't good enough so now I have added a third factor. Motor coils have transformer interactions, that is how the induction motor works. We can set a motor up in theory to to not only act as a motor and generator but as a transformer as well. With a 70% efficient motor we can return 49% from the generator section but also have our transformer effect. If this transformer action is better than 51% then we have the chance of making the motor self running. I have had transformer actions better than 51% in motors. The problem now seems to be geometry to make these outputs work together. By the way this has all been patented in the dynamotor patent, Its just that no one has worked out how to do it.

I have also included aspects of the Gray motor into the circuit and guess what? on simulations I get an input to output ratio of 1 to 2.7 and that is after the losses.

So why haven't I done it? I haven't got the geometry right and I ran out of budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmhand
As far as motors go I think they are already quite efficient, there
is benefit to recovering the coil collapse from switched coils, but from what I see
if the motor is pulsed the max power is reduced, and when loading a
pulsed motor if the motor tries to maintain speed the input power will increase
and the recovered energy will be more. When a pulsed motor with recovery is
accelerated by increasing the voltage input, the recovered energy is less.

This all tells me there is no free energy in a motor, all that is possible is closer
to 100% efficient.
I believe this to be absolutely true when recovering energy from a motor that is working conventionally but when we combine the three functions I have previously discussed there can only be one set of losses. with a motor, generator and transformer all on one core the iron losses will be equal to only the least efficient of the three and not all three added together. The same goes for the friction. Farmhand has helped me a lot in my research and deserves praise for it. The problem of flux reduction in a loaded transformer that Farmhand told me about, seems again to be down to geometry and I think I might have that one sorted.

I keep away from the threads that have the fighting but if what i have posted about is similar to UFO's work I will start to read it