Thread: Eric Dollard
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 AM

Hey all,
I managed to get two more Guillemin books, Introduction to Circuit Theory and Theory of Linear Physical Systems, into pdf format. They are available here;
Introduction to Circuit Theory
Theory of Linear Physical Systems

---

Eric,
I don't know whether or not you saw my post on the extra coil lengths but as I was reading through your coil calculations I came across something I haven't been able to come to any sort of conclusion on. You gave the coil length as being

You said in an earlier transmission;
Quote:
PI over two; this factor appears twice in the Crystal Radio Initiative, C.R.I. The (20%) secondary coil "effective" propogation velocity is the velocity of light in the space in which it occupies. Here the Pi over two factoris an offsetof a unit value to shorten the winding to compensate for the heavy external loading that the secondary is loaded with, that is, the external inductance and capacitance from the earth and extra coil connections. The aspect ratio of 1 to 1 on the extra coil gives an "effective" propogation of 187% the velocity of light, hence the winding length must be made greater in order to get a quarter wave resonance at a higher speed. This is brought down to Pi over 2 percent, 157%, the velocity of light to compensate for the burden upon the extra coil, this mostly arising from the dielectric upon which this coil is wound. The secondary is Pi over two shorter, the extra coil is Pi over two longer. Golly Mr. Wizard that's Pi squared over four! Do not hunt for magic where it is not, this is all experimental. So go experiment.
So if I interpret what you're saying correctly you want the secondary to be pi/2 smaller or roughly 63% of electromagnetic wave length and you want the extra coil to be pi/2 longer or roughly 157% of electromagnetic wave length. Therefore from my reasoning the secondary length is actually equal to;

The extra coil length is equal to;

Notice the last term. If you multiply your given equation for secondary length by Pi squared on 4 then you end up with roughly 39% electromagnetic wave length for extra coil wave length I would expect it to be greater than the electromagnetic wave length because the extra coil is apparently exhibiting a velocity greater than light.

Sorry if my question is stupid and there is something really easy that I completely missed but right now I'm pretty stumped with it, I want to clear this up before I start my build. I know that dR-Green is getting very good results from the dimensions you've posted so I am very open to me being wrong but if I am I'd like to know how/why. I hope your well.

Raui