Thread: Eric P. Dollard
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 AM

The Land of the Blind

To all concerned with Power, Energy, Time and Magnification:

"In the Land of the Blind, the one eyed man is king."

Who is it that can actually see around here, Kokomojo? Hmmmm...

I feel that Armagdn03 gave a good response that was meaningful to the ACTUAL point of all this, the Tesla Transformer:

"Fantastic little experiment. This is especially important when we are considering high Q systems, where the work compressed into a shorter time equates to a higher possible peak to peak voltage."

This is the POINT! We send impulses into a center tap primary loop. The Loop has a capacitor, it becomes oscillatory when we EXCITE IT BY sending impulses through it. WOW! If the impulses are made stronger we will get greater oscillatory activity. GEEWIZ! THIS IS SEEN IN THE E & I MAGNITUDES of the LC tank. Note that I use the term activity for Apparent Power where Watt (real) + VAR (imaginary) = Apparent Power (complex), this is not convention so it has now been stated to obviate any ambiguity that could ensue from my use of the term.

Also, Geometric_Algebra gave an excellent response as well:

"I was under the impression that power magnification dealt with a specific (linear algebraic) ratio between energy exchanges (two of them, P1 and P2) into and out of a system over distinct time frames (two of them, t1 and t2). Power dissipation into a resistor (unidirectional energy exchange, single time frame) doesn't quite fit within my conception of magnification."

I must say Geo is one of the few whom has a clear head around here.

I may be off in wonderland but I believe that:

The single energy TRANSIENT from the INPUT and the double energy OSCILLATION (Dampened Oscillation) of the Primary LC circuit are the two waveforms who's POWER MAGNITUDES we are dealing with. The "magnification" of the OSCILLATORY ACTIVITY of the primary LC circuit is related to the POWER INTENSITY of the impulse excitation from input. As Raui has kindly shown by posting a relevant Tesla quote, there is no stable continuous value for the power. The power magnitude is in a state of dampened oscillation or a state of continual decay and growth. The magnification would be seen as the ratio of OSCILLATING POWER OF PRIMARY TANK to the IMPULSE POWER OF INPUT. At least that's what I have been thinking, which may very well be wrong, I'm not the one with the Engineering Degree.

As Geo has astutely pointed out, resistance is a unidirectional energy exchange where energy leaves the circuit, so its of no useful consequence in what we want. Which is to keep all the energy circulating until it is transmitted through the ground longitudinally. We aren't looking to waste energy, instead we are trying to conserve energy and put in only whats needed to make up for losses and load requirements when transmitting.

I feel Raui has gone above and beyond to explain himself and provided some very interesting references and done his own experiment to confirm to himself what hes discussing, but it seems that its never in the format that Kokomojo wants to see presented.

I can confirm, with experiments that I have done, that if you have a finite storage of energy (in a C or L) the rapid release of that energy can be catastrophic and dangerous, notably a capacitive impulse is quite destructive, thin wires will vaporize ect.

Impulses are very interesting, but so are high energy oscillations, which I have performed up to about 5kva. The distortion of the current waveform was quite fascinating and the VIOLENT physical vibrations due to harmonic waves was interesting as well.

It very well could be that I'm just another blind man who can't see whats going on, if so disregard this whole post.

Garrett M

Last edited by garrettm4; 04-19-2012 at 05:01 AM.