View Single Post

Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM

The small single cadeseus coil functions as a "heater", in part due to the current flowing through the wire. I am not so sure, because the coil still does not heat up much after it "shorts out" my frequency generator for five minutes... But with the neo magnets in the center, it heats up quite quickly.

Again I will say, it is not the copper wires which produce the heat with the Neo magnets in the center.

The larger wires I have tried since, have not produced as distinct an effect...

It heated it, but to a lesser degree. I heated the transformer core running the larger coil faster than I heated the water. The water in the large "bierstein" was between 600 ML and 800 ML.

It heated faster when the neo magnets are in the center, than when it was just "shorting" out a "class 2 transformer" (why they had to put a "class" to a 36V, 1 A transformer, I dunno..... )

The transformer heated faster when the magnets were in the center of the coil.

This is with muriatic acid in the water solution.

I have been timid to use Sulphuric acid, until I had a large enough bucket to store the dilluted acid in so that I do not have any spills and can contain the "waste" if this experimentation doesnt lead anywhere...

Good news, the bucket arrived.

Which got me testing a second coil, with muriatic acid again.

And it made me see that again, the effect was not as distinct at the first, at vaporising the water.

This got me to thinking about why the water would heat up when a neo magnet was in the center of a copper cadeseus coil...

Well, chemical composition of neo magnets....
Quote:
A neodymium magnet (also known as NdFeB, NIB, or Neo magnet), the most widely-used type of rare-earth magnet, is a permanent magnet made from an alloy of neodymium, iron, and boron to form the Nd2Fe14B tetragonal crystalline structure
So, Copper and Iron, being opposites -- might void each other to conduct the "extra energy" that is missing from the rodin coil.

Looks like there might have been a reason that was not clear, at first when you presented this MonsieurM.

Perhaps the acidic water, and alkane water balanced each other out, instead of the iron and copper balancing each other out....

Sometimes, Nature winks at you with a flash of inspiration

Thank you for your guidance during this long ride