View Single Post

Old 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chase View Post
Ron, I have been experimenting with something I don't have a good handle on it yet but I can see something new in using super poles for the axle generator. I have some testing to do but something for you to think about. It all relates to things JB has said and ED, and Howard Johnson.
I don't understand some aspects of magnetic gates. They are described as different things. at different times as far as I can see. anyway just something to be thinking of.

Les,

When I changed to larger batteries I also saw an improvement and eventually I want to work up to the Trojan L16's I got awhile back. They have thousands of amp hours of capacity and probably will take forever to charge but it will represent one end of a trend I'm seeing with my machine of positively reacting to progressively larger battery capacity.

Definitely keep me posted on your axle generator idea's as that's where I think we need to go to maximize our machines outputs.

Ron
just for the record, I have a bank of 6 T105's 225Ah each, in 12 volt arrangement for a total of 675Ah.
I also have 2 L16-H's that are 395Ah.

I concur that this energy likes to have large good quality low impedance on the back.
my SSR behaves the same however, if I have it hooked up to 3Ah SLAB or the large bank - the SSR does not care. the energy does care.

I never realized how much until Tom at BM2 asked me to connect it up on one of my better chargers. the energizers charging ability improved dramatically.

Patrick