View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake View Post
I am thinking the same thing. Matching sets would get noticed. Im thinking somewhere in the 2-3MHz range. That would make everything smaller and the brass shim stock would fit the bill. You could put that together for under 50 bucks. But we'd have to find a transmitter for the testing.

but before we get too far ahead of ourselves. We need to light an indicator bulb.

As far as my build. I am still looking for a long enough flat piece of copper.. I sent out a few emails looking for overruns, but the standard size seems to be 100" and I need 118". I found a thin walled copper tube at the scrap yard and bought enough.. Ive been contemplating slicing it open and flattening it out.

and now back to what I think was your point. The math needed to go along with the cyrstal initative. I want it. Been doing lots of thinking.

Lets start simple.. and I am really look forward to hearing from all those interested..

How do you calculate the C and K of a TRT secondary?
How do you calculate the L and M of a TRT secondary?
i.e. 20 turns(T), wire diameter(d) in mm, turn gap(g) in mm,

Can we even use the standard inductance and capacitance equations or are they contaminated? bring on the versors

Ill post my answer tomorrow? after I watch the SFTS videos If i can think of one.

jake
Here is where hyperbolic algebra come in, Alexander Macfarlane has some very good books on hyperbolic and elliptical algebra. useful eq. for adapting to the coils can be found in Kennelys work as he does utilize Steinmetz and Heaviside's operators making it easier to cross reference his work.

the complex quantities notes of Steinmetz are also very helpful in explaining the j operator and power of the square root of -1.