View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
For example, the crystal set is a prime example of a information rich effects. I personally have the set built but have not gotten the results I want, however it's not been without results as it as given me answers to questions on capacitance by noting the differences in my results to others. however lets say we have one build that is catalog'd and every parameter of the physical construction known. from that it can be altered and the changes noted and then using that it can direct the mathematics to derive the needed equations to refine and move forward.

right now the one thing I've seen is the surface area and capacitance equations, capacitance is frustrating itself as it's always an assumed infinite plane yet we know it's not. high frequency skin effect and resistance of the mass of the 'director' and the geometry all play a role, as seen it gets very complex. I've spent a couple hundred hrs already on just calculations and have now just started to notice a few things I'd like to explore, with some more research into hyperbolic trig I may have some equations that can be tested in the field. I'll share this freely with anyone willing to test on their crystal sets. ultimately I'd like to see if we can all build matching sets and see if we can network them together as Tesla intended.
I am thinking the same thing. Matching sets would get noticed. Im thinking somewhere in the 2-3MHz range. That would make everything smaller and the brass shim stock would fit the bill. You could put that together for under 50 bucks. But we'd have to find a transmitter for the testing.

but before we get too far ahead of ourselves. We need to light an indicator bulb.

As far as my build. I am still looking for a long enough flat piece of copper.. I sent out a few emails looking for overruns, but the standard size seems to be 100" and I need 118". I found a thin walled copper tube at the scrap yard and bought enough.. Ive been contemplating slicing it open and flattening it out.

and now back to what I think was your point. The math needed to go along with the cyrstal initative. I want it. Been doing lots of thinking.

Lets start simple.. and I am really look forward to hearing from all those interested..

How do you calculate the C and K of a TRT secondary?
How do you calculate the L and M of a TRT secondary?
i.e. 20 turns(T), wire diameter(d) in mm, turn gap(g) in mm,

Can we even use the standard inductance and capacitance equations or are they contaminated? bring on the versors

Ill post my answer tomorrow? after I watch the SFTS videos If i can think of one.

jake