View Single Post

Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Had to wade through a couple days of work, but I am running a 2nd test right now. Using only the LED's and PC fan for a load. It's been running now for a little over 3 hours, and I think the bad battery has nearly stabilized. When I first connected power tonight, the LED's came on immediately, but the fan didn't come on for about 30 seconds.
I am charting and graphing my data as I go, and will do so over several tests, to track the progress of battery 3 and the recovery of batteries 1 and 2.
I do have one more bad battery, a 12V 33Ah battery. I haven't been able to get it to charge, and I am thinking of trying it in bat3 position. Not sure if it will work, since batteries one and two are only 7.5Ah each, and much smaller than the 33Ah. If it does work, that will be incredible. I might also try hooking it in parallel to battery 3 in my next test cycle, to see if it charges, and how it effects the test.

I have noticed that the LED's will blink off occasionally, and the fan will momentarily slow down at the same time. I haven't been able to find a regular pattern to how often these disturbances are happening, but it is fairly often.

I will keep testing and tracking the data, and report anything I find. When I get my next check, I am thinking of picking up a 12VDC motor to try this with, so I can increase the load on the system without having to add addition components, just put some tension on the motor drive.

Great info coming in so far, and thanks to everyone for sharing your data!
this is a pretty fun little experiment to have going, and still be able to work on other things at the same time

N8