View Single Post

Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 PM

The underlined part stumps me.

Maybe somebody can explain why not use another motor on the "other side" and eliminate switching the batteries. Seems to me that will increase the output too.
Admittedly I am over my head and there is probably a logical reason why you can't use two motors with two battery banks and just stick with the one motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvisser View Post
They use 24V batteries on both sides. No tesla switch configiration.
The system was comprised of a series-wound, brushed, DC motor (slightly modified) powered by one bank of two 12-Volt batteries (102 Ah) wired in series for a 24-Volt output. The company says the back-EMF is harvested into a second, identical battery bank, which is also wired in series. These two banks are periodically cycled, trading places in the circuit, and the net charge stays essentially the same, across both banks. The optimized cycling of power and storing of the back-EMF are all controlled by a proprietary circuit board and software developed by the inventor. The motor shaft is connected directly to the shaft of the AC generator, which spins at 3,000 rpm to produce 5 kW of power at 50 Hz, 220-V.