View Single Post

Old 02-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member

I have hooked a chargeable battery to the third battery in parallel, and got the fourth battery to charge. If you put a good battery in the third position it doesn't seem to work. But at this point I will try anything, and am documenting EVERYTHING with video. I have also hooked FOUR batteries in series with the bad battery and another battery I wanted to charge also in series (reversed) with the bad battery, so that I had the voltage differential. Since my motor is rated from 12-110 volts, it just ran faster. I have put SIX batteries in series vs two reversed, and the motor REALLY runs off that higher voltage, plus the six batteries easily run loads and recover quickly from the little draw down. I think it helps that the motor is spinning faster with these higher voltages. There is just a lot of experimenting that needs to be done with this.

Here is the link that was mentioned:
The L.A.G new circuit_strange scope shot 2.flv - YouTube

I DON'T agree that this can't be done with an off the shelf motor, because I know for a FACT it can, but then again, everyone's setup is different, so what I have seen may not apply to what someone else has going.

I have been seriously thinking about combining a motor in line with Matt's Tesla Switch on the Use For The Tesla Switch forum, so that when two batteries in series are connected to one, they are always passing through the motor to get there.

Again, we are just scratching the surface, which is why I posted here. We need more people messing with this and it is NOT some big expensive thing to set up, at least not for people who are already experimenting and probably have ALL this stuff lying around in their shops...except perhaps the "right" bad battery. And YES the bad battery seems to be the critical part of the equation.

I am experimenting with the one I have, so I will discuss that here a bit. I have a 7.5 amp hour "bad" battery. When I connected it to the motor, the motor didn't start immediately, but within a minute or two it started up. Voltage went down to 18 and motor started. Voltage went down to 13 and leveled off. It never dropped to 9 and shut the system down. I put metal filings in two of the cells on the battery, waited overnight, and repeated the experiment. The motor didn't start right away, which means adding filings destroyed that "alignment" inside the battery I talked about. And it took longer before the motor would start up...about 5 minutes. I put metal filings in two more cells and repeated. Again, the motor wouldn't start right up and this time it took 9 minutes before the motor kicked on. I ran out of metal filings, and am sawing things up with a hack saw to get some more. But my bench vise is stripped, so I had to get a new one (yesterday) so will continue in this mode to see what happens and report.

David

Last edited by Turion; 02-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.