View Single Post

Old 11-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Hi Peter,

thank you for your input and explanations. You said inductive pulses work a bit better than capacitive pulses to restore capacity and that capacitive is better for maintaining a battery, would you go as far as saying that inductive pulses aren't so good for a battery in the long run, or could even decrease its performance?

Conventionally speaking about the circuits, clearly the direct inductive method is far more efficient than using it to charge a cap and then pulse that to the battery, especially if the cap discharge voltage is way over the battery voltage. But if one is to pursue the maximum gain (COP) of what the battery gives back compared to what goes in to charge it, by doing continuously what you mentioned in the lecture, what would you recommend, inductive or capacitive?

@Aaron, I'm aware of the difference between efficiency and COP, it's actually one of the first things I've learned 5 years ago. I'm sorry but I can not agree with your example. You talk about work being done, but if like we said, the mechanical is left out of the equation there is no work being done, There is one battery charging another with a circuit who's efficiency is 65%. In this case we were strictly talking about units put in and out which clearly and mathematically results in energy being lost, if we compare total initial energy with total left after the runs.
This is why in this example we shouldn't even be talking about COP the way we are calculating units. In order to know the COP we would actually have to do the experiment and see if in the end we are left with more energy, than we had in the beginning, thanks to an environmental gain showing up in the battery, whatever the source is (vacuum, ZPF..), then we could see if the total final energy would be more than the operator had to invest. This is how I see it anyways...

regards,
Mario