Thread: Bedini SG
View Single Post

Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin View Post
Thanks for advice mbrownn!
The 'resistance required' is what im looking for. I read it's not max. speed of the rotor, it's where resonance occurs, right? At lower ampere draw. If you say put the bulb in if you know the required resistance, obviously i can't find the resonance point with the bulb...

My only idea was to plot the data over each other, to see the relationship between ampere draw, rpm, trigger voltage etc.
It's very interesting for me to analyse the behavior of my machine, but my eyes can't see the right resistance to go for.

I attach the graph and numbers i measured today.
For me the series 4 to 6 look very good (equals 400 to 600 ohm).
Could you or someone else elaborate where the 'sweet spot' is here?
Or what else i have to do to find it?
My initial thoughts seem to be wrong, that you can see the bulb flashing if resonance occurs.

Shin

My data graph:
Shin,

Tuning to the ratio of highest RPM for the lowest amp draw will get you in the ball park. #4 looks to be about the best. You need to get a 1Kohm pot and slowly adjust it from high ohms to low, whilst keeping an eye on the RPM and the amp draw. Once you have found the "sweet spot" replace the pot with a fixed resistor of the same value.

The purpose of the bulb is to "servo" the SSG to keep it in tune as the impedance of the battery changes through the charge cycle.

Always tune the SSG with a fully charged primary battery and a fully charged secondary battery.

John K.