View Single Post

Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilano View Post
Hi there!

WELL turns thickness and gauge and length dont matter all matters is rightt caps
u can oscillate 1 inch of wire at 30 khz( not natural frequency of coil) but LC combination. frequency changes when c attached to coil. so here we oscillating combination not just a coil.
moreover LCR meter tells c also of coil. add it to the oecillating parameter so total c is value is suitable for the applied frequency. frequency will remain same and not shoot to mhz !

i have not used natural resonant frequency of coils. we r feeding oscillating power so we force resonate coils. when caps added resonant frequency of coil changes.

we make L slave with capacitor and make it oscillate and dance on 30 khz in my case.and whole circuit dances at 30 khz.

regards

zilano zeis zane

lets understand
oscillatory dance!
In #145 you stated:
Quote:
frequency downgrading: from khz to hz

u can use resistor or caps across secondary. but u must know voltage and amps for resistor so u can use proper wattage of resistor. if u using caps then u must know output voltage.
And in your following post, you also referred to a resistor without an additional cap.

Of course you can change the resonance frequency of the secondary circuit with additional caps. My point is a single resistor will not do it alone.
Smith was wrong about this.