View Single Post

Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquorate View Post
@ DrStiffler - was there a difference between the spectral analysis for the L3 coil with 25.8mhz vs 8.3, 12, 12.5 and 19.8 mhz?

I only ask because i saw some little peaks to the right of the main peak being emitted by the sig gen . I didn't write down the Fq's at the time but suspect they were multiples of fz or thereabouts. using white noise i see more peaks to the left. There was not as much Va dbm as with stimulation at the SRF of the coil but the SRF Fq spectral analysis didn't show any evidence of lattice stimulation. (i assume the sig gen would have put more power into the coil at this frequency due to lower impedance or something.)

i also found the absence of harmonics at 25.8 curious also.

I have been winding coils and will be looking at them in the next week/s as well as hopefully with an sec15 setup.
@Inquorate
Quote:
was there a difference between the spectral analysis for the L3 coil with 25.8mhz vs 8.3, 12, 12.5 and 19.8 mhz?
This is the generator driven response of the L3 coil tested. The coil was swept at 100kHz increments measuring relative emission from the coil. As indicated in the resulting table, at certain 1MHz increments a second signal was detected and the generator adjusted to obtain maximum emission and the frequency notes. This means that at 8MHz a second response was seen at 8.3MHz. There is no harmonic relationship between 8 and 8.3MHz. This is also how the other secondary peaks were resolved. The 'srf' Spatial Resonant Frequency for this coil is 25.8MHz and does not relate to 8.3, 12.5 or 19.8MHz. Also note that 8, 12 and 19MHz also are not sub harmonics of 25.8.

Quote:
stimulation at the SRF of the coil but the SRF
SRF and 'srf' are not the same thing. Self Resonant Frequency is measured in a totally different way. So I will assume you were talking of 'srf'?

Like I have been trying to say, there are particular frequencies and groups thereof that will cause a lattice response and the procedure in the latest table for me, appears not to contain a needed set. The test was to show the response of a typical L3 when swept from a generator with 1V emf input. This is a requirement of the paper to stop all this guess work about how it is just chance that the L3 is 39mm in length (look back and see the discussion), it is necessary so that someone does not pick some random frequency say 13.6 and say they can not duplicate or this is the reason it may be happening. These interjections are locking into or trying to make these points of some significance and they as a single frequency are not. L3, L2 or whatever, alone will not produce these effects.

The SEC Exciters in combination with all components generate a UWB signal that does indeed influence L2 and L3 and all together cause with tuning a proper set of excitation frequencies so that the lattice is vibrated to the extent needed for coherence. Of one does not first understand the significance of a tire on a vehicle, would not wonder why the ride were bumpy when one goes flat?

Now we have a post here that brings every name in history into the mix and we should all gather round and connect the dots. I'm trying to stay civil, yet sometimes the BS and misdirection is beyond belief. Why has not one of the current greats connected the dots? Anyway I hope I have helped clear this up.

Oh yes, I don't really like the White Noise business because you are unable to specifically say what is the root factor. When yo get an Exciter going and I add more to the paper, it will improve.