View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via MSN to MonsieurM
try this: i just did a small research:

Quote:
The amygdala manages connections and responses between several regions of the brain. It's directly involved with emotional well-being, the flight-or-flight response and fear conditioning. A recent study also suggests that the amygdala plays a role in the complexity of social life.

Activating the amygdala in a positive way stimulates higher order mental processes. This can improve creativity and intelligence while also elevating positive emotions.

The opposite of amygdala activation is negative reaction. When we react to a challenging situation in a suboptimal way, it's processed as a negative emotion. This feeling is regulated by the amygdala. The emotional feedback allows us to easily determine if we are thinking creatively or just relying on survival instincts.

By noticing the difference in thought processes we can consciously control the direction which the amygdala sends its impulses.
Hope this helps

link:
Brain training - activating the amygdala

personally, i just close my eyes and try to feel the area i want to stimulate, when i do, i try to move that sensation around...

Last edited by MonsieurM; 06-09-2011 at 06:56 PM.