View Single Post

Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Gold Member

On Pres. candidates qualifying as citizens

For most of US history, candidates did not release medical records. Wasn't required, and no one thought anything of it. I think it was after FDR that it just became an expected thing that they all did.Similarly, I think they also do a financial disclosure statement.Again, not sure its required, although could be financial disclosure is.
Anyway, I expect that even if this Obama birth certificate thing doesn't go any further, that FOR NOW ON, candidates WILL release their birth certificates, as a matter of coarse.Proves they are a citizen, and over 35 years of age, another constitutional requirement.
In fact, its a 'strategy' the Repubs ought to employ; as each candidate 'declares' they ought to release a copy of their BC, along with medical and financial records, as a matter of coarse.Wouldn't even have to say anything; let their actions say "I've done it, now its your turn".
Later, if he still hasn't responded, during the debates the nominee could actually say it; "If there is no issue, why HAVEN't you released it?"
Anyway, just my thoughts.

On survival plans, my thinking is any plan is better than no plan.So many have no plan, and will be stuck in 'shelters of last resort', or dead.
Beyond that, each must make their own plan, and it is their survival that will depend on it.Therefore, how seriously they take it, or don't take it, is up to them, and results, to judge. There are many variables to take into account; the household makeup; small children, people with chronic illnesses, their financial and other resources, do they live in the country or the city, bug out or bug in, and since a plan is about giving yourself options, WHAT is it that they are planning to survive? For instance, "6 mos. worth of food".
O.K., what are you going to eat after 6 mos.? If you believe that after 6 mos., some sort of order will re-establish itself, with some organised form of food production and distribution, or that by then your crops will begin to 'bear fruit', all well and good.If not, you survive 6 mos, when most are dieing, and then you either starve, or start taking food from those who still have some, or you become a 'hunter/gatherer', which is a nice way of saying 'scrounger'.

Its quite possible that what we currently call 'the homeless' is what the majority of mankind will become.They have no job, no bills, no domicile.When they awake in the a.m., their priorities are; what am I going to eat, TODAY, what am I going to drink, TODAY, and where am I going to shelter from the elements, for the next 24 hrs.

At any rate, with most not making preparations, or giving themselves options,
seems to me those who are can benefit each other by sharing concrete suggestions, rather than questioning each others plans/preparations, or sincerity or 'seriousness'. Jim