View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Jetijs's Avatar
Jetijs Jetijs is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,134
Hi all
Just realized that I forgot to include the switching current in my calculations. If I subtract that form the input current, I get a better IN/OUT ratio. I recalculated my data and found out that instead of 24% I am getting back 30% form my core. It is still too little, but this is just for information.
Anyway, I got my hands on a bigger induction motor core. I took it out form an old Russian 180W AC motor, that I found laying around. The plates are not isolated form each other, you can see four welding stitches on each side of the core. I think, that the hardest part will be the wiring of this core, I will this and see how it goes. If I manage to do this, the rest should be easy

It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Last edited by Jetijs; 01-18-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Reply With Quote